Terms and Conditions
TCD SU (app) is part of Trinity Students’ Union. By using this app you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms you should not access and/or use ditsu.ie
Trinity Students’ Union reserves the right to change these terms from time to time. By continuing to use the site after changes are posted you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
2. You may not broadcast, copy, download, frame, reproduce, republish, post, transmit or otherwise use ditsu.ie content appearing on the ditsu.ie site in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of such content requires the prior written permission of Trinity Students’ Union.
3. You agree to use ditsu.ie only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit the use or enjoyment of this site by any third party. Prohibited behaviour includes but is not limited to defamation, harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or anything which may affect the operability or security of ditsu.ie.
Disclaimers/Limitation of Liability
4. ditsu.ie content, is provided on a “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty whether express, implied or statutory of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
5. Trinity Students’ Union will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, interruption of business, loss of data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising from or in connection with the use of ditsu.ie
6. Trinity Students’ Union does not warrant that functions contained in ditsu.ie content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that ditsu.ie or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
7. RSS feeds of ditsu.ie content are provided free of charge to individuals for personal and non-commercial use only. Use of ditsu.ie RSS feeds for commercial purposes or by non-profit organisations will require the prior agreement of Trinity Students’ Union and you must first contact the Communications Manager of Trinity Students’ Union. By downloading a ditsu.ie RSS feed, you acknowledge that ditsu.ie does not accept any liability for its RSS feeds, and that ditsu.ie is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites
8. You acknowledge that the content including but not limited to text, images and logos identifying Trinity Students’ Union or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of Trinity Students’ Union and/or third parties. You are not permitted to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of Trinity Students’ Union, or any other third party without the prior written consent of Trinity Students’ Union or the third party.
Contributions to the Trinity Students’ Union Website
9. By providing “Content” to ditsu.ie (which for the purposes of these Ts and Cs is defined to include any text of whatever nature including any comments or submissions posted by you to any part of ditsu.ie, photographs, graphics, video or audio), you agree that ditsu.ie may – free of charge – use, edit, moderate, copy and make the Content or any part of it available as it sees fit on the ditsu.ie site or in any other Trinity Students’ Union publication. By providing Content to ditsu.ie you confirm that it is your own original work and not copied from anyone else or infringing any tTrinity SUhird party’s rights and is not defamatory, obscene, harassing, offensive, threatening or in breach of anyone’s privacy. Trinity Students’ Union does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available user contributions.
10. Where Content is provided by you way of comments that are posted to any part of ditsu.ie, you agree that you will not seek to impersonate a third party or post comments which are falsely attributed to any third party. You acknowledge that you are responsible for any comments posted by you and that you are solely responsible for your conduct in posting such Content to any part of ditsu.ie.
11. By providing content to ditsu.ie you confirm that you have the right to give ditsu.ie permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 18. ditsu.ie may show your name with your contribution, unless you request otherwise.
The DITSU.ie Book Exchange
The DITSU Book Exchange acts as a venue for Sellers to list books and Buyers to find books and purchase them. The Seller warrants that he/she is legally entitled to sell the books and the Buyer warrants that he/she is in a position to buy them. Trinity Students’ Union does not provide a guarantee for the condition and/or price of books listed on the web site. While Trinity Students’ Union encourages Sellers to be realistic in their assessments, it is responsibility of the Buyer to determine the appropriateness of a Seller’s assessment of a book. Trinity Students’ Union shall not take any responsibility for transactions made between students.
Third Party Sites/Links
12. Trinity Students’ Union is not responsible for the availability or content of any third party websites or material accessed through the ditsu.ie site. Trinity Students’ Union does not exercise any control or supervision of content of these linked sites.
13. ditsu.ie does not endorse, and shall not be held responsible for any content, advertising, products, services or information on or available from third party sites. Third party sites linked through ditsu.ie are not covered by these terms and conditions.
14. If any provisions of these terms and conditions are found to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect.
15. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Ireland.
16. Trinity Students’ Union reserves the absolute right to edit, moderate and delete user contributions in its absolute discretion.